This weekend we celebrate Pentecost Sunday commemorating the gift of the Holy Spirit descending upon the disciples giving birth to the Church. Fr. Michael Carter, S.S.E. '12 is our Presider. The Liturgy of the Word is proclaimed by Anna Lester ’98. Our music ministry is led by Jerome Monachino ’91 and accompanied by his children Dominic and Olivia ’22. Thanks to Fr. Lino Oropeza, S.S.E. ’11 for his recording skills.
This Sunday will be the last recorded Mass as we have been given permission to resume public worship by Governor Scott and Bishop Coyne in Vermont. We will resume the 11:00 a.m. Sunday Mass in the Chapel of St. Michael the Archangel on campus on June 7. Weekday Masses at the College will not be celebrated until further notice. Weekend Masses will also be celebrated in the outdoor pavilion at St. Anne’s Shrine in Isle La Motte with the 7:00 p.m. Mass on Saturday June 6 and the 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Masses on June 7.
The obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains lifted in the Diocese of Burlington until further notice, especially if you are part of a vulnerable population and/or have an underlying health condition.
Please approach the celebration of Mass with charity and love for our clergy and faith community by following the protocols:
- Stay home if you are sick or not feeling well.
- Wear a mask in Mass.
- Sanitize your hands upon entry. Due to shortages of sanitizer, please bring your own if possible.
- Sit in designated pews and respect social distance between others of 6 feet or more unless you are one family unit.
- Refrain from congregating in tight areas or entering cordoned off areas.
- Follow the protocols to receive Holy Communion as directed at Mass. Holy Communion will only be given in the hand.
- Follow your church protocols regarding registration if necessary due to the 25% capacity limit.
We are delighted to have the opportunity to come together in person as the People of God and celebrate the Eucharist. I hope wherever you are you also have that opportunity soon but remember do not put yourself or others at risk. Thank you for all your support for our Edmundite ministries and may God bless you and keep you safe.